Sunday

While we were having brunch at L'Etranger this morning, Sooz pointed out a boat that is usually around near the lagoon at Charis - we recognised it from its blue hull, Eureka flag and red ensign. Who knew ... okay Sooz did ... that the Australian Red Ensign is for vessels at sea or on for use on land for ceremonial purposes. The reason for sea-going vessels to have blue rather than red ensigns is quite practical - red shows better against a blue background - black shows quite well too but not everyone wants a skull and crossbones motif.
 
The Laundromat was not at all busy this morning - there was only one other person there while I was there and ... you guessed it... he wasn't wearing a mask. I could have said something but instead kept my distance and wondered just how he was going to get the door closed on the washing machine with the massive load of washing he was trying to force into it. As it turned out he managed to do it with a substantial amount of brute force. At that point, I was glad I hadn't mentioned his not-mask.

The parking situation at Chirn Park is getting quite impossible. We were going to stop in there (rather than L'Etranger) this morning but there was not a single park to be had. I'm used to it being like this on a weekday - but not on the weekends. We then decided to give Frigg another try - we keep saying we aren't going to go back but sometimes decided to give them ... one more try. Yes, I know we have been disappointed in the past, but you never know, enough people might have voiced their disappointments often and loudly enough to be heard. We didn't find out this time though - with their CoVid seating arrangements they were already full to bursting by the time we arrived. As it turned out, we were happy at L'Etranger ... it's always good there.

Rather than giving the "Big TV" a go this afternoon, I continued to watch (a new series) "Dark" on the tablet. I had previously tried to watch it but gave up after the first episode ... but was attracted back when I read a glowing review and noted that it was about time-travel not just about missing children as I had first believed, although, there are missing children, and in later episodes, adults as well. I made it through to the end of Season 1 and at that point I thought I would just read ahead to see where it was "going" - it was cancelled - or came to a natural conclusion? - after Season 3. Hmmm ... I'm glad I did because I won't be continuing with it ... partly because there are three time lines with mostly the same characters, played by different people, as their older and younger selves. Since I sometimes have difficulties recognising faces, it was proving just a bit difficult to keep a track of everyone - past, present and future ... and that would have been okay except then there was an alternate reality to take into consideration. Time to find something else to watch! Although I am enjoying reading some Dean Koontz novellas at the moment. It's a series about a character named ... Nameless who despite first appearances, is a "goodie" in the terms that an agent of retribution can be but you sometimes have to wonder about the "goodness" of their methods in bringing folk to justice.

Nigey is still missing Uncle Wa, as are we, and she has started disappearing into (and in) his room ... it's okay when we can see her on the bed, but sometimes she just vanishes - maybe under the bed, maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment