Monday

And the answer is: Sharon! Some folk thought the answer to the question: "What was the name of Simba's mother in "The Lion King"?" was Sarabi when, really, it was Sharon. That's going to be our "go-to" answer if we don't have any clue from now on - and it would be good to have a finger puppet or plush toy as our group mascot. We certainly had a big laugh about it - it's good when we can have a decent laugh at Trivia - not very many other folk do. I'm not sure why that is, but we do have a good time - even if we don't win. Yes, yes," Crash and Burn" is still an option for our team name.
Nigey loved the box after the microwave came out and she got in. I'd left the polystyrene and cardboard insert in there so she had something to play with. I'm not sure she's so keen on our placement of the microwave though - rather than putting it to one side in its little microwave nook, it's in the middle of the space - which means she won't be able to fit in either side of it. I haven't left that much room at the front of the shelf either so it's a bit like a tightrope when she walks past it.

I always get confused about typewriters and which way they go; specifically if the carriage was pushed to the left or the right after the "ding" demanded a carriage return. I always thought it was from the right, and even as recently as last night I checked with Pe and Sooz and they both said it was from the right too ... except it wasn't; it was from the left. I don't know why I can't remember that cognitively or through muscle memory. And it's not that long since I've used a typewriter.
Norm came around today and he will be back next Tuesday to do some yard work here at Jannie.  We're looking forward to it - especially as the grass is getting a tad long, not as long as the clover to be sure, but still long enough that a Cecil could be there and we would not know. That's not such an issue except when Nigey and I go outside for some sun ... I'd know to stand still (and scream) but Nigey would try to catch it and bring it inside: a cat can never have too many toys! Roll on Tueday!

No comments:

Post a Comment