Saturday

Nigey slipped her harness while we were outside today but she let me scoop her up and bring her inside without too much fuss. I'm still trying to work out how she did it - maybe I was distracted - I did have my back to her at the time - but that's usually not an issue.  I know she has a way of leveraging her way out of the harness - and that's not how it happened today. The nearest I can figure is that in trying not to make the harness too tight, I might have not made it tight enough. She deigned to go back into the harness and we went back out - with me watching her like a hawk. Coincidentally there were a couple of fairly large birds that flew over while we were out there - she watched them fly over - making those bird-watching noises the way cats do.

If it had been warmer this evening we had been planning to go for an evening walk down at the Broadwater ... but it's chilly - so chilly I'm thinking about putting on a pair of trackies - and the electric blanket.

We find out tomorrow if the local lockdown is to continue. We had 10 CoVid cases in Brisbane overnight, none down this way though - for which we are grateful. Over the border in NSW the outlook is far worse - 316 new cases, and several deaths. I know these are small numbers compared with the rest of the world, but it is huge for here.

I was going to have a "22" day - where I divide my time between tasks (some not at the top of my "Want to-do" list) because 22 minutes is not too long to spend doing "stuff" - and if I want, I can always stay on for another 22 minutes or multiples thereof. That was the plan ... it didn't happen but I did get some other bits and bobs done - and put on the list so I could cross them off and take credit for them. As someone once said: Tomorrow is another day (or something like that).

Nigey keeping us entertained!

No comments:

Post a Comment