Tuesday

Yippee... we came equal third at Trivia tonight. We were playing at Seagulls Club and as well as our normal team, Ro was back and her friend Po (who is staying with her for the next little while Ro is recuperating from her hip replacement) came as well. We missed out on the Jackpot Questions - we managed O out of 3 for that but we weren't the only ones: only one team managed to get all three correct, but, alas, they didn't manage to pull the ball with the "x" out of the bag. So we're down to 20 balls to choose from next week - if we get all the questions correct.

Ro was able to come to Trivia tonight because she is out of Rehab. She does have some "conditions" to meet to aid her recovery and that's why we took one of our camping chairs to offer an option in case their chairs were not suitable. 

On the BMW (Broadwater Morning Walk) this morning I decided to try something different - I remembered M's mother telling us about Russian walking - actually I think it was marching - where instead of moving your arms back and forth in different directions as you walk – you swing swinging them in the same direction. I did it for a bit but then went back to “normal” walking. Imagine my surprise when, on the way back, I saw an older gentleman walking towards us doing ... Russian walking. I was even more amazed when I caught up to Sooz and she commented on having seen him too. How weird was that?

Full moon was earlier this week and according to someone on the local FaceBook group it was awesome - not just because it's the Full Moon - although that would be enough - but because there was an osprey fishing down at the Broadwater at the same time. One of the locals has a photograph of the osprey on a boat mast in front of the full moon - good stuff. 

Norm came this morning and did a great job on the yard - including weeding. I really don't like doing the weeding that much. Norm did some spraying as well while he was here - which is why Nigey was not allowed out today - and may not be allowed out tomorrow: a small matter of it not being good for her. She didn't seen to mind though - she's been spending the day with the ironing board or in with Sooz. She couldn't be with me as I had locked her out of the study so I could do some work without Nigey helping ... she likes to help.



No comments:

Post a Comment