Saturday

Just breathe ... 

Okay, hands up anyone else who wants to have a big rave about how non-efficient the roll-out of the CoVid-19 "vaccinations" is - especially the Pfizer which I have been waiting to access from the local medical practice. When I put my name on the waiting list, it was supposed to be available "in two weeks" ... that was about three months ago now. With the increasing number of "infected" (sounds like something out of "The Walking Dead" or "Outbreak") it seemed prudent to start thinking about getting vaccinated sooner rather than later. But where to access the Pfizer? M did find some in Surfers Paradise on Thursday and when I fronted up there early on Friday morning, there were already about 70 folk waiting ... and the receptionist (obviously very busy and not having a wonderful time) said they weren't able to do anyone else then, but there may be openings later in the afternoon, or the next morning ... and no, they weren't taking bookings. Hmmmm. I would have tried again but there seemed to be absolutely no system in place ... how difficult is it to know how many doses you have, how long each vaccination takes, and how many you can get through in a day? Pretty difficult it seems. Me, I would have had a form drawn up and in use days ago. And don't get me started about trying to get an Astra Zenaca jab from the chemist ... starting with that they weren't taking bookings over the phone or from walk-ins. Grrr. Booking online was required so they could collect information ... the very same information they had you fill out when you arrived! Definitely not happy Jan.  But I have now had my first dose, and will have the second (although not the last as it seems we will be having boosters for the rest of our lives) in 12 weeks.

The good (?) thing about CoVid is that there is always something to talk about ... including indepth topics like: why did the truck driver who was infectious in the community visit a nail salon.
 
We met Ro and M for breakfast at L'Etranger this morning ... and for people who have lives, we all certainly lingered there. We didn't beat Wednesday's record but given we were there over three hours, we took a fair tilt at it! It was enjoyable though and, to be fair, we only ordered the third round of drinks when it was obvious that the rain wasn't going to let up any time soon.

Once home, I settled in to work on the TAFE assignment that has had me scratching my head for the last little while. I have been whittling away at it, doing the easier bits, but I had set aside the afternoon for making some real inroads. I am happy with the progress to date.


No comments:

Post a Comment